POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Robot Hand (jpg 100k) : Re: Robot Hand (jpg 100k) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Robot Hand (jpg 100k)
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 12 Feb 2002 07:37:15
Message: <3c690c7b$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks - It certainly is an opposable thumb, in fact all the fingers can be
wiggled around, you never know when you might need to greet a Vulcan...

Length conservation is still handled in a bodge-it'n'leg-it fashion, I'm
planning to just stretch the control points a bit depending on the angle of
the bend.  (At the moment, it does nothing, as you can see from the image -
no loops)

Do to my unlimited materials budget building this robot, I have used
state-of-the-art, next-generation, memoryform shape-changing liquid metal.
That's probably how it will stay until I get hold of some old-fashioned wire
to make the fingers go...

(btw, That link to rocketmg is stale...)

Mark Hanford
http://www.mrhanford.com/povray